View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM

Update:
The Oops bike finally got here this past Saturday and once unloaded I didn't get much of chance to look at her until Sunday. This bike has had a hobbyist redo and has been painted, most of the shinny bits are painted silver (its ok for now) but cosmetics never really bother me.
Kicked the engine over and sounds like good compression, pulled a plug and there was at least spark so a big plus. Checked the tank and it looks fantastic, pulled the bowls and not too bad- only one bowl had algae in it.
Today took a look at the timing and discovered the advancer was shot. it might have run but .... Luckily I have these things around and refurbed and advancer unit and installed. Set the timing and then installed the carbs gave a quicky burst of carb cleaner only to chase the passages. I actually didn't want a thorough cleaning just yet. I saw the main needle was dropped a notch and the main jet was a 105. I can't find my book right now thought the normal was a 100 oh well. I set the needle to the middle and put back together. Gassed her up and ready to try.
Interestingly this bike must have had the starter go bad at some point. The starter is missing but everything else is there including the operational starter relay and button on the bars. The starter hole is plugged properly with the CL or SL(I don't recall an SL160?) starter plug and the associated chain is removed. So for now its a kick only bike and...
on the third kick I got some life and running after that. So I am very happy today.
Sounds wicked good in just the headers (the actual muffs were shot and gone) but the neighbors...
The You Tube clip is for Ryan-