View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Here we are back at the mancave where many motorcycles have been brought back from the grave. And you know what that means.... lots and lots of batteries both 6V and 12V! Batteries in motorcycles have always been a nuisance ever since I was a little kid. You can't just let them sit around without being used. They will fade away and need to be replaced. I've used tenders but they are just a dump solution to the problem. I haven't seen tenders improve the operation of a battery so I'm pretty interested to see if the Genius charger can maintain older style batteries that I obtain in different motorcycles. I don't expect to bring anything back from the dead but I know I have had to replace batteries that could have been "saved".

Another reason I really like the G1100 is because it works for 6V and 12V. This is an awesome maintainer for a motorcycle guy who doesn't want to buy separate chargers. Any motorcycle battery that is 6V can be charged within minutes so buying a separate charger is annoying because you don't need to use it for very long at all. Plus having multiple batteries mean more cords and clutter. Having an all-in-one is pretty neat.