View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Infinity Home Subwoofer Audio Jack Repair

After reading thought Kevin's short-wave radio restoration I had to go dig up some pictures I took of my work repairing a subwoofer. Hopefully it might help someone who might have the same problem with theirs.

Something like this is bound to happen to anyone with home stereo components. The audio cables tend to get bumped around whenever things are moved. At the same time someone moved my 12" Infinity self-powered subwoofer it magically stopped working. I knew good and well that the audio jack got bumped and broken. The power light was on so it wasn't dead. When I would move the RCA cable on the back I would get some crackling noises so that pretty much told me that it was loose on the inside. Considering the amount of money this speaker cost me I chose to fix it. This speaker has worked perfectly for years and years & I'm sure the newer units are of less quality.

This Infinity Sub puts out so much more bass than I need. I'm not concerned with volume but more so with the depth of frequency. It gets it done. A handy 12v impact makes quick work of many Phillips head screws below.