View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:31 PM

AMA Vintagefest ! , as usual I took NO photo's . Forgot and left the camera sitting on the desk . Weather started out a little iffy as it rained ( gushed ) thursday as many of the swap meet guys were rolling in to set-up .Things were muddy Thursday and Friday but dried out for Sat. & Sunday . Friday seemed to start slowly as far as people entering Mid-Ohio but picked up nicely later Friday afternoon and the rest of the weekend .
Bikes ! , what can I say but just about every brand and model of bike was there . Saw a lot of bargins at the swapmeet but bike prices seemed to climbing higher even for the rat bikes . Cafe Racer TV may have something to do with that .
The Vintage Japanesse Motorcycle Club area wasn't the best . Stuck them buy the food vendor area . Guess what , all the parking for VJMC was being used as parking for everyone's bikes to get food . I do hope everyone at the VJMC area had a good time ,just wasn't for me .
3 days of vintage bike racing is just plain fun ! You hear the exhaust roar and just have to go see what the heck is making that sound .
Cafe Racer Magazine had a bigger presence this year actually taking a lot of the infield space that many of the clubs used last year . Liked it better last year .
Finally the bikes were amazing to see from rat rod bikes to cafe to racer to original to fully restored . There was something for everyone to drool over .
I did make a connection with a fellow Honda buff that has a friend that has a brand new GB 500 ( this was Hondas attempt at a cafe bike in the late 80's ) still in the crate ,never been out , never titled and yes I've been in contact with the owner . He's going to e-mail some photos and documentation and if all goes well the wife and I will be taking a road trip to inspect and possibly purchase the bike .
The best thing I can say is ' You have to go if you've never been there before . 3 days of just looking at a lot of great stuff or as my wife says
" where's the quilt shop ?' "