View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Not the best picture but you can see the exhaust going around the steering shaft and also how convenient the v-band coupler is. I can just pop the band off of each side and have enough room to remove the transmission pretty easily.

Today was a very long day and I probably lost 5 pounds just working as fast as I could all day to get this issue taken care of. I spent an hour cleaning the new w59 transmission as well. It was a dirtball but my degreaser and then some acid wire wheel cleaner really shined it up to a bright new looking aluminum. It was good to finally get the bellhousing / adapter combination totally finished with a newer transmission to boot. And did it work? Well of course! I was very relieved to start the V8 Tacoma up again and drive it down the street. As soon as I shifted in gear and drove away I knew it was fixed right this time. Revving it up and heading up the road going through the gears SILENTLY really felt good and boy does this thing move. Since the Flowmaster is a smaller model it's really quiet for now but it's great to only hear the engine revving up and not the transmission going crazy.