View Single Post
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

This just might be what your screen may look like when you start up your WARI Adaptronic Software for the first time. Already it looks confusing to you of course! There are already a couple things wrong here in this picture. Well there's nothing WRONG but just some things that need attention as your e420c is far from being operational.

Did you read your installation manual all the way through?
If you did then you should know from your newly acquired knowledge that looking at this screen there are some issues to resolve.

So what's wrong with the above screenshot? #1 I am missing some values that should be registereing in the "Live Gauges" window. You should be able to see some temperatures and some additional numbers. I am not seeing this data simply because only the power plug is connected to the e420c! I hadn't plugged in any other plugs yet at this point.

The next thing missing are values being displayed on the left column of trigger, ignition and injector info. This is one thing that took me a little while to figure out. When you power on the ECU there is NO data in the computer at all - no surprise here. But I then loaded a standard configuration map for the 1UZ engine. This uploads some fuel and ignition settings but that is about all... the rest is up to the user. You know what that means... get out the installation manual and read some more! It's doesn't really do a good job at explaining just what you NEED to do in order to get your engine running. I couldn't figure out exactly which setting needed attention in order to get my engine to run. I loaded some 1UZ data and then set the TPS sensor. I then tried to turn over the engine and of course nothing happened. I know I might be in a hurry but come on! Something needs to happen. Well it did.... I had a fuel leak in the pulsation dampener no the fuel rail that I had to take care of. Yeah, I don't need fuel leaking out creating a fire hazard thank you very much. :P