View Single Post
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

This is the optional part that ups the ante quite a bit. This is more advanced stuff here so read through before you decide if you want to consider cutting out the footwell area of the cab. As you see above mine has taken a beating and I had to hammer back the seams of the body because the tires were hitting them constantly. They also take a beating from rocks that are spun up and off from the tires. I remember hearing loud pops that were really annoying. They were a lot louder than normal becuase the material they are made from is so thin.

Plus you can't weld ANYTHING to the cab of the Toyota Tacoma. The material is just super thin and even if you were able to connect anything to it the material would just pull apart since it's too thin to support any kind of force.

So I just grab the ol cutting wheel and cut it out. Cutting the steel to cover up the hole is a little tricky and when you weld it - it takes forever cause you have to use the lowest setting and use tack welds around the whole thing or else you will burn through the body when too much heat is applied. It takes a long time.