View Single Post
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

It's definitely not getting enough fuel. Need more! So what gasket are you talking about a couple of posts ago?

About the carb those things must be SUPER clean inside all the passageways in order to run perfectly. I've seen people try and clean their carbs once, twice to no avail. Then who ever is next in line to work on the bike dips the carbs a couple more times and then it runs perfectly. It takes a few times to really make sure that you have the carb clean. Some people boil them in carb cleaning solution. Some people put them in sonic cleaning tanks with solution and baking soda. I prefer BOTH! Back to the solvent tank for you! Don't pass go and don't collect $200.

My CL70 will whip yours as it runs now. I need to get me some new tires...

If worse comes to worse you can send me your carb and I can clean and tune it on my CL70. Making a new wiring harness is a GREAT idea. I have soldered all my connectors and the light shine SO much brighter and the horn is strong. All those old connectors really hold back the current of the poor little 6V battery. I would like to make a new harness for mine someday.

Last edited by Smithers; 08-22-2011 at 07:12 PM.