Thread: Noob questions
View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2011, 04:00 PM

Thumbs up Noob questions

Hi All,
I loved checking out everyone's beautiful CL70s and the great work being done on them.

I've got a 1971 CL70. I am just sprucing it up for the season and have a number of questions. As the title says, I am a noob at maintenance and most of these questions will probably be cake for you guys!

I am trying to charge up the battery but it might be gone. It is finally taking a charge now after I shook it up... Does anyone have a good rec for a sealed one that fit in that little spot? Is this the best place to put the + clamp when I charge it?

What is this little piece between the petcock and the carb? Does it look like it needs to be cleaned to you?

What does this red/white wire go to/is it important? I just put the battery in and kickstarted the bike and it worked (for about 2 seconds) w this one unattached.

I just filled the tank w new gas but I was using an old gas can. When I poured the gas into the tank I saw some little flecks of the rubber gasket from the gas can flow into there. Is this going to screw me up? How important is it for me to empty the gas tank? If I do empty the tank, which is very full, is it reasonable to try to filter/reuse the gas in there or just dispose of it?

Any help is appreciated! I am considering some of the tips I picked up from the forum, so I'll post pics if I complete any of those!

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2227-1.JPG (77.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2226.JPG (48.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2225.JPG (39.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2223.JPG (36.0 KB, 5 views)