View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

And here are the two codes that I have to sort out. The first one is a P0118 Engine Coolant Temp Circuit - High Input. This doesn't mean that the temp is reading one way or another. The high input means it's faulty and out of range. This is just a reading from the OBD2 system. The ECT sensor wires could actually be faulty or shorted so you should physically check and test your wires if you suspect damage.

Then I also have a P0265 Cylinder 2 Injector - Circuit High. Once again this doesn't exactly mean a BAD injector. First check the wires and the connector. I've also seen fuel mixture codes be the result of exhuast leaks so just be careful of swapping out these expensive parts without fully checking out the big picture of what's going under our Audi's hood.

Here are some possibilities:
  • Fuel Injector Failure
  • Faulty of Corroded Fuel Injector Connector
  • Plugged Fuel Injector
  • Dirty Fuel Injector
I have solved a couple of engine problems on modern fuel injector motorcycles by cleaning the injectors. You can either have them sent off to a business that services injectors or you can use a fuel additive like Lucas Oil products fuel system treatment or Chevron Techron additive. These really help out the fuel injection systems in more way than one.

In my case I think I will change the ECT Engine Coolant Temp sensor to take care of the P0118 code and then move on to the P0265 code after I rescan the ECU for problems again. I'm not in a big hurry so I'll tackle these problems one at a time.