View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

And here we have it! The whole cylinder head removal process from start to finish took me about 3 hours. I really took some time documenting things and checking out things like screws, clamps and hoses so that I can get an idea of the parts I'll be ordering for the assembly. It's highly recommended that you spend a little extra time making damn sure that you don't drop, scrape or damage anything on an older or foreign car like an MG. Breaking just one simple hose nipple or bolt can add on an easy hour or two to your afternoon of work... not to mention the $$ to replace it. It's not a good idea to be in a hurry when working on something like this for the first time. Once I'm all done with this first rebuild then I'll know that all the bolts have been properly torqued and lubricated. If I replace a head on this car in the future it won't even take me half the time.

The head was already dropped off at my buddies shop. He has experience tricking out just about every engine out there including Porsches, race prepped MG's, my Lexus V8, some super super H/O big and small block drag motors, ethanol and alcohol drag engines etc etc. He's insanely good. Since I get priority he said to expect my head back by the end of this week all ready to go. That reminds me that I need to get the valve seals to him tomorrow morning...