View Single Post
Unread 01-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Now from the above post you can see in the picture that I don't have a wideband o2 selected yet. It says narrowband but there actually isn't any o2 sensor in my system at all yet. I have been putting this off as I hadn't found a trustworthy seller of wideband products that sells at the best prices. Usually when you find a super good price on a product it's from some small, no-name seller that is offering the sale of the item but no support or any kind of knowledge of what he's selling.

Well I finally found a great business that offers both support, knowledge and best price... basically the Newegg of engine tuning products. Now I don't have an Evo, a Turbo RX-7 or Nissan Skyline (yet) but I need some Innovative wideband hardware for my Lexus 1UZand I need it fast! The following is an account of my experience so far with the guys over at http://www.maperformance.com. They are some hard working people and made a point to ship out my Innovate LC-1 the moment I placed my order so that it would be here at the beginning of the week. I called them the day of New Years Eve and when I told them I was glad they picked up the phone Adam on the other end said he would be working till 6pm his time to make sure that last minute orders would be out before the holiday. Can't ask for more than that.

The night before I spent an hour looking for a trustworthy dealer of wideband tools that actually KNOWS what they sell and practices what they preach. I asked some of my import buddies where they bought their tuning electronics and they couldn't think of a place that they would call back to spend more of their hard earned money. Well I did some research online for a while longer and found that these guys at MAPerformance build and run their own import drag cars and they have a lot of experience tuning Porsche and Corvette high performance cars as well. I saw that they were on top of their game when it comes to their website, facebook, twitter feed and all that stuff so they are putting out a top effort to spread the word that they are serious about tuning and supplying other tuners as well. The ONLY problem I could see was that they were located in the midwest so I was hesitant at first but when I saw their commitment to shipping widebands overnight for a small price or in just a few days for free I was sold.

Modern Auto Performance is a major distributor of all brands of engine tuning electronic tuning devices, controllers, gauges, standalone and piggyback ECU's and everything else that you wish you could have just to play with. Their sister company is http://www.widebandsovernight.com/ and this is how I got in contact with them. The prices and shipping policies seemed too good to be true so I checked out their contact info. Anyone that provides instant response by means of instant messenger is in business to win customer satisfaction and they provide instant messaging right there on their WideBandsOvernight contact page. I was impressed with this as well and within minutes they had quoted me a "too low to advertise price" with FREE 3 day shipping on top of that. They gave me all the info I needed as well as some advice on my setup and I gave them my credit card in response. The Innovative LC-1 will be on the way and I will be getting in touch with them in the near future to buy a Innovate LM-2 Dual Wideband logger as well.