View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

To get in the corners you just have to fold the sand paper and do it the old fashioned way. I went a little crazy sanding everything down smooth because I just wanted to make sure the liner would get the best adhesion possible. One of the body guys in the shop said the liner would stick well whether I sanded it very good or just a little. One bodyman told me to sand the whole thing by hand but there was no way my hands could take the abuse. I recommend using any tools you have at your disposal! If I had any wood blocks around I would have made a long 2x1.5" block with different shape corners to get in near different contours along the bed floor and walls. But the long sanding pad worked much better than I thought so it went pretty quickly... mostly because I was in a hurry to get as much done as I could before the shop closed.

Here are some more details to see.

There are all sorts of contours on the sidewalls of the Dodge bed but they aren't too bad. The front of the bed is definitely the worst part to have to sand. It's just awkward to sand with your hands and you'll find out why. Just grit your teeth together and go as fast as you can to get it over with!