View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Time to update the CL70 electrical harness

Back when I was a young one I was very dissapointed with the performance of the electrical system on this little 70. Well with all my electrical knowledge I had gained racing RC cars I realized that the less resistance in each circuit the better the performance. So I got rid of many of the butt connectors and soldered everything together. The result? A HUGE IMPROVEMENT in all categories. The thing ran about the same but damn the lights were twice as bright. The signals really really shined and blinked much better. THe horn was 2x as loud as well. I did a pretty damn good job soldering with my dads big ol' soldering gun but shinkwrap was rare back then. I used electrical tape all over the thing.

Fast Forward to today.

All of the electrical tape has basically turned into slimy tape. You can easily pull it off if it was still around the wire unions. Plus a couple of mice must have climbed into the thing and chewed away at a couple of the wires. The fuse is blown so it must have shorted out when someone crammed a new battery in the little Honda CL. No problem. All this can be fixed and updated.

So let's get comfortable and pull up a crate to sit on and get to work!