View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Oh boy things are heating up! Over at http://lextreme.com we are putting together a group buy for our Lexus 1UZ-FE Adaptronic ECU. This is a very nice ECU that has a lot of R & D behind it from the man Andy Wyatt who must have burned some serious midnight oil in order to bring this product to market. From the applications of this product it seems to be working quite well.

So, I was looking at it before the group buy was brought up. Having members from Lextreme behind it really is important to me as experienced users can hopefully give me answers that are specific to our engine. I've seen engines run great on really old Haltech and Electromotive systems and this one has a couple features I haven't seen in the competitions systems. One thing I really like is that we can use the factory cam/crank sensors where other systems require you to physically buy/make and mount a trigger wheel to the crankshaft. Then you need to buy the sensor... buying addons for a basic brick of a controller is not a good deal. I'm pretty convinced we can use this to control everything with less hassle. I'm also concerned with running my engine in extreme heat and extreme cold. I will be driving my truck everywhere from the sand to the snow and I DO NOT want to have to tune the stupid thing for different elevations and temps.

So using this ECU for my 1UZ-FE looks like the best option for the money. Now Lexus owners reading this keep in mind that this won't talk to the factory dash very easily and it won't control the factory auto transmission (which I am not using). Nothing is easy but I will be posting everything it takes for me to get my engine running properly so it my work as well as some info available on Lextreme.com should be a huge help to people. For some reason people don't like to talk about their aftermarket ECU's or how they got them working. I can understand since it's pretty difficult and people sometimes don't even read their own instruction manuals before they start asking around for easy answers. Hopefully my notes will help others take the plunge into this modification.

I've seen pretty unexperienced people put aftermarket ECU's on engines and make them work good. I can't be that difficult.