View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So does anything look different? Can't see much change in the front supports? Look again, a little closer.

Yeah right I spent all day making tabs, supports and measuring things a million times to get it just right. I'm really happy how everything comes together just in the right places. Building the whole front from nothing really was a fun challenge and the name of the game is plan ahead. I always kept in mind that I would have to mount more and more stuff as I went along so I made attachment points on the main structural stuff and used right angles as much as I could. This helps keep great reference points to measure from to keep things straight.

Orange Arrow: One of the mounting tabs for the front clip mounting points. The factory crosspiece uses rectangular holes and plastic clips for mounting but I prefer the round holes, no clips but zip ties.

Red Arrow: Inner headlight mounting tab.

Violet Arrow: Lower radiator support.

Blue Arrow: Outer fender support uses one cushioned bolt to mount each side.

Green Arrow: Main left fender support that uses a pair of larger bolts to mount each side.

What a bunch of work! Just glad to be done with all those details. Now to clean up some welds and cart it off to be powdercoated.