View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:54 PM

Default Running crazy rich

Let's just start by saying I've rebuilt many a carb throughout the years. Careful not to lose parts, noting positions of odd parts and a good general reading of directions.
I cleaned and put back together the carb on my '65 CA95- maybe three months ago- noticing it had been apart before, boogered screws, cracked drain screw hole (over-tightening) etc. and now figuring out it's missing the power jet. The parts manual under carb doesn't show this device, however the service manual shows it. Getting older I'm not absolutely sure a PO lost this piece. Me? Ummm... Me? Yes, I did loose the spring from either the idle or idle mixture screw and scored a pair from a really cool member here. Thank goodness I took pics disassembling the carb to know which was which. No pics show the power jet pictured. There is evidence a PO tried to get this bike running and was not successful.
Question-
After rigging a temp gas tank this old bike started and ran really, really rich- black smoke, gas guzzling. Would missing this piece be the cause? If the parts manual shows no provision, would blocking it off make it right?
Here's the quick question- I've had the very best luck from this forum locating unobtanium small parts- anybody have an extra? The carb is a Keihin PW20HA3a, main jet 95, slow jet 35. The service manual does not give a size.
Thanks to all.

Last edited by Erik S; 04-23-2013 at 06:58 PM.