View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Yes this is a very complex topic in itself! I'm researching the options all the time.
There are a few systems out there and not much information on how they apply to the 1UZ engine. Here are some options I have learned about:

Megasquirt - Least expensive option. Make it yourself or buy it assembled homebrew kit. Most flexible system and the most time consuming as well. This can be used with the Ford EDIS ignition system to compose the whole engine management system. Very attractive option.

Electromotive - Expensive option but comes with factory support and seems to be very high quality. Electromotive has a great reputation and the owner is very involved and loves autosports from what I've read of him in Grassroots Racing Magazine. Plus the system can be used on any engine from 3 - 12 cylinders but I don't see this as a plus since I only plan on using it for the 1UZ only.

SM4 - I need to do more homework on this one but a friend of mine says a guy in Sweden is controlling his twin turbo 1000hp 1UZ with this system.

AEM - Many tuners are having good luck with this system. It's widely used outside of the states. Same with the Link controllers.