View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Inspecting the inside. It's pretty amazing how precise everything is. I couldn't see any excessive wear and it's funny to see plastic cam gears inside. Mower engines are so basic inside. The Honda is just a really clean running engine and when you take it apart a 10mm is all you need basically. All the gaskets are high quality to they peel off nice and easy. On a Briggs & Stratton it's a whole different game. I won't go into how crummy those engines are built. The Honda is definitely a much nicer designed engine. But between the two I can see the need for a throw away B & S engine... no one wants to pay a dime more than they have to for a mower. But the Hondas are so nice and last so long I highly recommend them as the smart money buy. What a nice little engine. The only reason I'm having to work on this one is simply because of operator error... literally this mower was run into the ground until it stopped.

Yeap, everything looks fine inside. At least it's good to check and see how the engine looks inside before spending all sorts of money on it.