View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tire Shopping

I'm about to put a Dodge truck on the road that I have been working on since I bought it. I got some American Racing polished aluminum rims for it as the price was right for them. And now that the truck is about to be on the road it's time for some tires finally.
  • What am I looking for in a tire?
  • What will I be doing with this truck?
These are the two most important factors in my decision making process here. Money is a factor of course but since I have time to wait until I finally drive the truck I can just buy 2 at a time to divide up the cost over time... so I'm willing to go for some more expensive tires if I have to. The way I also try to justify the cost of the tires is that I only spent $100 on the set of 4 perfect rims so I've already saved a whole stack of money by not buying them retail. So I feel that I can buy some more expensive rubber without feeling the hit so bad.

I recommend tire shoppers make a short list of what they want in a tire and what price point they wish to abide by when they shop around. I like to really shop around in order to expect what to pay before I just go to a tire store and get talked into some cheap tire for too much money. Take your time and decide on a couple different tires that fit your needs - and stick with your choices unless someone with experience tells you otherwise. Don't go by what the internet reviews say. People tend to only go online to give negative reviews. A lot of them bought the wrong tire without deciding what kind of performance they expect out of the set of tires that they actually desire.