View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

What more can I say? How about turning... I just cannot lean the RMZ250 over and nail the gas for a good launch out of a corner no matter what. The front pushes over berms and the rear tire just hooks up under braking but then slides out as I apply the throttle. It's insanity. I remember braking hard for a corner only to find myself holding on for dear life. The front wheel over shoots the berm and goes on the left side of a big rock while the back end actually holds the line and goes to the right of the big rock. I was amazed that I just side swiped right over that rock sideways and actually pulled it off. Those darn tires aren't one bit predictable and you won't be able control the bike under breaking while setting up to hit a berm or a trail entrance or anything.

The woop sections - Like I said I just got my kidneys pounded like I needed to back off the compression of the rear shock and/or the tires weren't soaking up any bumps like the Dunlops on my other dirt bikes. Maybe I'm just not used to a 19" rear wheel? I'll adjust the rear shock some more and see if the bike doesn't behave then.

Here are a couple pictures of the front tire with the Sedona tires that I rode on two times so far. My left front fork was leaking the first time I took the bike out to tune the carb. The oil dumped all over the front brake so I'm getting maybe 30% of the bikes normal braking power. Maybe this is why I still have all the knobs on the front. I thought the bike actually tracked OK in the front - just not while on the front brake!

Knobs aren't looking too bad. You can see one about to break off and I'm sure all the others are on the verge of doing the same. Too bad the compound is too soft.

I was hitting the rocky trails pretty hard and jumping down off some hillsides so I was surprised to see I almost had 2 more inches of travel to spare which was surprising considering I thought the ride was not so hard. I can soften the front compression another two clicks before I would worry about bottoming out.