View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:48 PM

Yea Kev, I have one of those repop guards for my S65. Believe me when I say the work I refer to will be from overseas. Through a past acquaintance I am going to attempt to learn the ropes of doing business directly with manufactures in Thailand and perhaps Viet Nam.
There are good people there, who like Americans. The key is being in direct contact with you suppliers, as in face to face. The relationships are much better under these circumstances. He travels 3 or 4 times a year and his production costs are about 1/10th the cost of manufacturing here. While I'd love to build American, these things weren't in the first place. I've also considered going over and buying a containers worth of anything I could get my hands on from bikes to parts. The overall break on shipping might make that venture profitable.
BTW can it be done"that way'. You can, and it has been done, print a working firearm from a domestically available 3d printer. An AR-15 platform was printed and several real rounds were successfully fired from it. Plans for many weapons are already available- should be doable for a motorcycle part.