View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Thanks for the props. Glad to have another swapper getting ready to take the plunge. It's a lot of hard work and most people don't understand just how much goes into this our trucks. Those tires look awesome on your truck. I need to start thinking about rubber as well. But anyhow looks like you're well on your way. Keeping the stock 1UZ mated with the automatic is wise and you'll have minimal headaches. I'm also looking forward to doing some soundproofing and interior work as well. That's the fun stuff. And when you have your engine ready to fire up first take the plugs out and watch the crap fly right out of the cylinders. I would probably take the plugs out right now and put a small vacuum hose down the cylinders and make damn sure there isn't any water still left in there. Small clear tube and then duct tape it to a larger shop vac works great. Then spary some lube in there to keep thing protected for the next couple months.

And the grand daddy of all tips. The first thing to do before you take your engine out is to cut the top front of the radiator mount so that you can slide the engines in and out with ease. When your swap is done just weld it back in and grind is smooth then paint. This way you won't hardly have to lift the engine upwards more than a few inches to roll it out.

Cut it out!