View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ok so it's February and things are shakin and movin on this engine swap. I've asked some industry friends about the ability of the W59 transmission to hold up to the sub-400hp Lexus 1UZ. They KNOW transmissions and they both smile when I tell them, "I'll be good to it but just in case I want to do some spirited driving, how well will it hold up?" This prompts them to chuckle and say something like, "Yeah no problem. You can smoke the tires and do what you want to do without a problem as long as you don't run tires any larger than what you have."

This is all I wanted to hear so I'm quite happy. Plus now that a few years have passed finding these transmissions isn't so hard anymore. I don't even care about switching out to an R150F. At least not yet.

I made some templates for the adapter plate and handed them off to an engineer to work with. I can't really rush the job but it will be done sooner than later. I'll have to deliver some beer to the guys on the CNC to help speed up the process.

For more info on my templates and measurement cross on over to my 1UZ swap progress over on this thread: http://www.fourwheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=248