View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:03 AM

Default C95 vs CA95 Handlebars

My original C95 handlebars are bent and welded thanks to my youthful inexperience (and a patch of black ice). They're usable, but I'd like to upgrade to new(-ish).

I've got an original set from a CA95, but those bars are different. They don't have the holes for the signal lights, and the throttle cable hole is in a completely different location. Those problems are seemingly small ones since it would be a simple task to drill two holes for the signal lights. But I did a "test mounting" of the signal lights before doing that, and discovered that the slight angle difference of the two bars makes the signal lights sit at a slight angle, which I know would bug the hell out of me.

C95Bars.jpg

So, back to eBay to source handlebars. I haven't seen original C95 bars come up lately, and notice the reproductions from Thailand come in the two different flavours, so one would be wise to double check this before ordering.

I also note the reproductions use a slightly different throttle cable holder with a wide notch mounting system instead of the narrow notches that my OEM has. Again, no problem since this can be sourced out of Thailand as well.

C95Bars2.jpg

So, the question... has anyone purchased a C95 Thai handlebar and can confirm it matches OEM specs for size/angles?

Last edited by JoeM; 02-17-2013 at 10:19 AM.