Thread: Not often
View Single Post
Unread 05-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Not often I do this!

I have an update I flew off my Aprilia out racing around the backcountry on Sunday so I've been doing a little physical therapy on my own - and eating as much healthy food and protein as possible to that my bruises heal up asap. I basically just couldn't handle the full corner at the speed I was going and ran off into the dirt shoulder and proceeded to lay it down in the thick green grass. It was the last stretch of road on a few hour ride with some of my buddies. I jumped off to do a nice tuck and roll out over the top of it. Got right back up without a scratch. I was in some of my best riding gear and it did a spectacular job of distributing the impact forces through out the arm and should protection areas. I just need to do a little bodywork, install some replacement air side scoops and make a new front fairing bracket (or buy one for some $$) and I'll be back on the road in no time. I bent the front back to clear the steering and rode it home without a problem.

My buddy Fred helped get the old bike up for me and supplied the zip ties

Super Wicked turn #297 out of 1000 awesome corners we have in our backyard here. The thing just kept turning and turning...

Not too much damage - Some assembly required: