Thread: Fuel Injectors
View Single Post
Unread 11-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Here we have the injector holes which are horrible looking. I didn't see any signs of leakage but you can see it would only be a matter of time. All of the rubber was holding a seal but was very tough but not quite brittle. I was lucky enough to get a hold of all the rubber seals under the parts listing for the exact same Denso injector number but I'm sure you can just cross reference some other NDenso part numbers.

The plastic caps are completely broken down and I need to source some of these. I got a hot tip from a mechanic friend of mine in town so I'll follow up on it this coming week. All in all they look like they are in great condition besides the plastic caps and rubber. I've worked on a few early 90's Toyotas and they weren't as nice as these were :huh: They will clean up to look and operate like new. I really need to find a good place to send these out to. It wouldn't be smart to put injectors with so many years behind them back into such a nice engine.

Of course the new rubber parts are to the right. Much better looking. I'm glad I'm taking the time to replace them.

Well I've been told a few different stories about injectors but no one really knows anything for sure. All my mechanic friends just assume they always work fine and if they don't work good they just recommend buying different ones.

Now that some porting is being done I should give me plenty of time to get them taken care of. Now to find a good business to service them...