View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

And here we are all fitted up. They are a great safety upgrade as well. The truck is really too fast and having the extra sticky tires is exactly what it needed. Offroad these tires have worked just as good as the muds no problem. I went and made a u-turn in some really slippery shallow mud and they threw up mud ALL over the place. Mud was flying everywhere and I was just easily turning around to the side of the road. I was out at the dunes for a day as well and they did just fine. I can't compare them to the muds because I haven't been back out to the sand with the muds since I put in the Lexus V8 engine. Whenever I hit the gas now the wheels just spin and lose traction but it's not because of the tires lack of traction... it's cause I need paddles! And NO I didn't have my 4WD working in the sand since I didn't have my driveline in. So with 4wd I'm sure I can go anywhere with the Silent Armor tires just like I did with the Mud Terrain tires. The truck is really light so having big mud tires just isn't necessary for the kind of wheeling I'm doing. The only reason I would want big tires is for rock crawling and when I go to do that I'll be in my buddies crawler!

Last edited by Smithers; 11-29-2010 at 10:34 AM.