View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:54 AM

Default CA160 Valve Timing

Decided to tear down my '66 CA160 while waiting for my correct seat cover to arrive for my CA95 to complete it. Everything on the 160 is down to a bare frame. The previous owner couldn't ever get it running and spray painted it with white and black paint without masking or removing anything along with all kinds of wrong parts and butchered many other things.

I have plenty of work to do on this thing without even worrying about the engine yet, but I want to start tearing down the top end to see what is causing the smoking because it is bugging me. Before I took the bike all apart, I tried running it for a while after using mystery oil in the cylinders ( a few squirts overnight for several nights) along with seafoam in the oil to free up possible stuck rings all to no avail. It was real fun trying to ride it up and down the street without the use of a clutch. (All the internals under the cover on the countershaft side are missing.

I can't seem to find anything on the web for help on the valve timing. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. I do not want to tear the top end down before know what timing marks to look for.