View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

To continue with my "glove thread" I thought I would post my latest pair of gloves that I have high hopes for. I have been a pretty big fan of Icon riding gear for a long while now. I'm not sold on their bright and loud designs but their gear sure is super strong. I've put some jackets and gloves to the test on the street surface and I can say that the Icon gear is tough and designed for safety. I also like the rough feel of strong textile gear and heavy gloves. You know that soft and flexible gear isn't gonna be all that effective in a crash.

The chrome knuckle Icon gloves that I have pictured above is one of the toughest gloves I've ever owned. The stitching is super strong and when I burned through some of the threads I simply stitched new thread in them to bring the leather seams back together. The leather wasn't damaged from the road abrasion, just the thread but it was a REALLY good crash so that's expected. The only thing that would have helped the gloves survive the road slide even better is a couple tabs of abrasive material sewn in the palms. Enter the new Overlord gloves. These have the exact features I have in mind when it comes to the ultimate short glove.