View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Now the billet UCA's accept the misalignment spacers nice and easy into the heims. Then you just make sure the long bolt goes through them nice and easy so when you install you won't even need to hit them with a hammer or anything. Now you just need to press the spindle adapter into the upper spindle.

Here is a shot of the spindle adapter before installation. The big washer cup goes under it with a bolt to hold it into the spindle. Icon Vehicle Dynamics did a great job machining these part just right. The spindle adapters press into the spindle just like they should, nice and tight. The misalignment spacers all pushed into the heims without a problem and all the specs were correct. You always gotta wonder which part you will have to file down or machine a little bit to get a kit to work but this bullet UCA kit is really easy to install. The only catch is that it has to be aligned by a pro because you just simply can not judge the heim thread adjustable adapters by looking at them. I'll get a picture of where mine were set so that you have some reference of what is close enough to drive on. I'm hoping they were set somewhat true when they were last used before I got them. I'll be taking mine to an alignment rack first thing this week when I have time.