View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2011, 05:33 PM

Arrow Yet another "Help, my petcock is broke" thread

Hello guys & gals...
My CA95 has been running great lately, so naturally Murphy's law has to make an appearance.
I started it up this afternoon and saw fuel pouring out of the lever slot. I shut it down quick and drained the tank.

Now I can see that the previous owner has attempted to repair this unit without buying a single part. The bowl bottom seems to be lined with JB weld possibly from damage around the wrench point, and the plate that is supposed to push down on the lever packing over the lever is home made. The screw that holds the packing in is wrong too, and it appears that he has managed to partially thread it in only partway because of this..

So, I'm either going to need to find the plate and screw (and probably a bowl to be safe), as well as getting a repacking kit to undo all of the mess ups, or I'd need to get a petcock adapter. I've been looking at this adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/CA77-Honda-Dream-...item45fac2daa6

The only problems I can see with the adapter would be the screws. The screws I have are only threaded part-way down, so I wouldn't be able to tighten them up far enough. If I could get another set of screws, my other concern would be whether the may leak.

Any ideas/advice for either solution?