View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2017, 10:29 PM

Ha. Yeah, I pick at my projects too.

I finished a black/white 1962 CA100 just over a year ago. (See attached pic.) That was a fun and meaningful project, as one like it was the first bike I ever rode on. And boy are they selling for a lot of $. Saw a decent looking red/white CA102 sell this year in Feb at Mecum in Vegas for over $5k - say what!?!

Your SS125 came out really nice. So nice to have it done and running like a kitten. It looks like you were able to keep the original seat and did not have to recover it? Blue paint looks to be spot-on and the silver on tank and fenders looks like a good match too. There are some good engine silvers' out there, but Honda sheetmetal silver is hard to match - the metallic is so fine!

I heard the SS125's were kinda dogs. Is that true? I am wondering if they perform similarly to a Benly 125? I have only ridden a 150 Benly, but fast it isn't! So I wouldn't be surprised if your little 125 performs likewise.

Sounds like you're getting close on the CA160. I actually like polishing parts. Too bad we didn't live closer, eh? I have the two elusive parts you've been looking for and will send them to you soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03735.jpg (246.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by frappy; 07-19-2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Added pic