View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Alright! Now we're making progress. I JUST finished up repairing and servicing the starter motor. I plan on riding this bike a lot (more on the plans for my road trip soon!) so I'm making double sure that I do a good job so I don't get stranded anywhere.

So I put in the new bowl gaskets as shown in the above picture. I made sure to adjust the bowl retaining spring so they are nice and tight. If yours are loose just remove them and give em a little bend back into shape. Being how they are nearly 50 years old they might need a little tune up. :lol: I'm assuming the float levels are correct but I'll be checking them soon. It will just take a couple more days to get around to those boring details but I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate seeing how they should be checked.

It feels great to know that the fuel system has been serviced up and is holding fuel without one drip of a leak. The fuel petcock is also a winner. Rebuilding the CA95 petcock was a nightmare so I was going to cry if this one started leaking as well. Although fuel doesn't flow through it too quickly... hmmm I should probably check the fuel screen inside it just to be sure. Here are the new fuel lines. They are 3/16" Motion Pro brand black fuel line and the florescent line is another brand that I found at my local lawn mower shop. It is smaller than the other fuel lines and obviously is the overflow for the carburetor bowls.