View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2015, 04:54 PM

Sam may know more about the tank mount configuration on the C95 & CA95. It seems to me there were different Benly models produced for different countries. To make matters more interesting is many guys returning to the USA from Viet Nam brought back Honda's as well.

Does your frame have 2 or 4 mounting points on your frame? I was under the impression that the early CA95 (1959-1963) frames had 2 rear mounts and two slide in mounts forward.

I urge you to check the serial number of the frame. You will find it on the incline plane of the frame below the left cover. The 1st number after CA95- is the year. Technically yours should read "0" if it is a 1960.

The CA160 & CA95 tank side covers are interchangeable. The main difference is the CA160 emblems are much larger than the CA95 emblems.

Finally, as much as I hate to say this but, there are very few people who know these bikes as well as the forum members here. Most eBayers mix and match parts. So someone finds an old CA95 tank, adds a CA160 side panel, puts a generic emblem on the side and sells the package as fitting years 1959-1965.

I hope that's not the case here. The petcock location is correct.