View Single Post
Unread 12-30-2017, 09:18 PM

Looking at this parts fiche it doesn't appear to be any parts available for purchase for the starter internals. http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-ca95-benl...993/partslist/

You may be able to take it to an automotive shop or bike dealer to check it out. If nothing appears to be burnt, there may just be something grounding out. Sometimes the armature end (where the brushes touch) is corroded. Make sure the slots are clean. Does it do anything at all when you put 6 volts to it while sitting it on a bench? (Ground to the starter body and positive to the positive bolt.) If it spins that way, there may corrosion at the starter button on the handlebars or the starter solenoid may need attention (located inside the frame where the air filter goes). It should make a clicking noise when you push the starter button. Make sure all the connections are clean to and from the solenoid.

If no luck that way, your best bet is ebay. I have had very good luck with all kinds of electrics for the CA's there.

And yes, this site has been somewhat dormant and I wish I knew why. I think it's because these bikes are getting harder to find and when one shows up, the asking price is way too high considering how much time and money it takes to restore them.

I still check in once in a while to see if there is any new activity. Glad to see you posting. I hope others chime in at some point. The people on this site have an immense amount of knowledge about these bikes.