Thread: Bars and Grips
View Single Post
Unread 03-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Awesome thanks. I was going to ask you where the heck you found it because I tried to find it online once, heh. I bought an old used Honda CB72 service manual and got a kick out of reading it. I read it like a regular book all the way through and learned a lot of things!! Most modern manuals just instruct you on replacing the parts and how to check for worn parts. But the old Honda service manuals tell you WHAT the parts do and how they work with the other parts in the system to do their job. That's simply amazing. Reading through one of those service manuals and understanding your motorcycle makes it easy to repair a bike and actually realize what's going on in there!

Reading the ol CB72 manual makes me feel like I'm going back in time as well. Looking through all the old pictures and reading the type font is really fun for people who respect the hard work and sacrifice that Mr. Honda went through. I'll have to post a particular link that tells of Mr. Hondas story. I've read about him before but the details are incredible. They not only had to be the best performing motorcycle but they had to SHOW people they best at everything they did in order to increase their sales throughout the U.S. during that crucial time in the 60's and 70's. Their service manual really shows their dedication to give the mechanics of the time the best understanding possible to help them support the Honda company and most importantly, the customer.

That's what I think about when I see a Honda Service manual in front of me. I wish I had a bigger selection of emoticons/ smileys! I need to work on that. Some rainy day I'll improve things around here. I also want to start a thread specifically about Honda parts and service manuals... haha yeah I'll put that on the list of todo's.