View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ok here are the next two contestants... Still deciding and these two are available.

The Dainese Santa Monica in red perforated: (sells for $700+ new and on Ebay they sell very high when they appear for sale)

And the very nice and American Made Vanson Hurricane perforated: (These sell for $800+ and on Ebay the Vansons sell for $400 and up in good condition!)

WANT MORE PICTURES OF THE VANSON HURRICANE JACKET? If you are really looking for the best detailed pictures of the Vanson Challenger jacket your in luck. I was able to find these on the New Enough website. Now they DON'T sell Vanson but they might have at one time so that is why I was able to snoop around and find these on their site. h34r:

Near Enough Motorcycle Apparel Store - Vanson Leather

I'm having one hell of a time making this decision... The Santa Monica is a dream jacket basically and hard to find a used one cause not many people buy them in the first place. The Vansons are basically the best classic looking jackets you can get. The perforated model you see above is not a good one to get caught in the rain though so that's a major downside. Not that it rains too much in California but I'm looking for a jacket to travel in up north so the summer style Vanson probably isn't a good choice. But it looks good enough to wear to dinner. If I got a really good deal I would buy one for maybe $300 to have as a hot weather jacket since people say they breathe very well. I did miss one for sale on a forum for that price too. If it was in front of me and I could try it on I would have bought it but I haven't tried on a Vanson jacket in a long time. I need to go try them on a dealer to figure out my sizing before I drop a few hundred on a jacket.