3. Hydraulic Throwout Fitting
  4. Headers In The Mail
  5. Engine Mount Fab / Transmission Mount If Needed
  6. Fuel Line Hookup
  7. Adaptronic Computer Wiring
  8. Custom Intake
  9. Exhaust Fabrication
  10. Instrument Panel

1. 1UZ-FE Engine + W59 Transmission - I'll be making a wooden adapter ring as accurately as I can. I will be having the ring machined from approx. 1/2 steel with a recessed ring for the bellhousing to mate to. I'm just doing one for me and I wouldn't consider making one for anyone else unless I had 5 people willing to buy 5 of them. Sorry but my engineer is in super high demand and is not interested in doing any one-offs except for me. I decided on steel since the holding strength for the bellhousing bolts is a few times higher than with aluminum. Having 4wd with a gear reduction transfercase and larger tires will put much more strain on the adapter than a 2wd street car. It takes longer to machine but is much cheaper, not that AL is too expensive.

2. Toyota Clutch - I shouldn't have much trouble finding the right clutch for my flywheel. I have a couple parts houses near me that I have access to and they'll be happy to let me go through their shelves to find what I need.

3. Hydraulic Throwout Bearing - I didn't want to have to spend a few hundred on a conversion from the standard Toyota shift fork but a friend of mine jumped in and will help out with this and give me one of his racing components that he claims will work perfect with my shift fork pivot. He knows the clearances required and he's done it on all sorts of race vehicles so this isn't an issue with his help. Very Happy.

4. Headers - I was even thinking of giving the stock 1UZ manifolds a shot until I found some SS shiny headers for a "too good to be true" price. They are legit though and this will REALLY save me a ton of time and $$. I have come to be friends with a pro welder who can make me headers but just the bends themselves and the collector would be more money than an already assembled set! Even if I have to modify them that will be a cakewalk compared to making some myself. I'm also contemplating running the pipes out each side to a streetbike titanium big bore muffler. I have a couple spare Ti lightweight mufflers that would look crazy mounted just below each door. That might get a little too much attention though! This weekend I'm going to take a couple pictures of the mufflers just mounted in the location I have in mind. That would be fun but a giveaway to any cops with a good eye.

5. Engine Mount Fab - I've been looking at all sort of custom made engine mounts that people have done so I'm full of ideas. I want a rather solid mount with a pivot on a poly bushing. These Lexus engines are really smooth so I'm not even worried. Some people have completely hard mounted the engines without any evident problems or vibration annoyances. The engine should fit just fine under my body that has been lifted already. People have had no problems with the front sump pans under Toyota's that have already had body lifts installed. I'm pretty sure that the transmission won't even be allowed to move from it's current position as the 4wd won't allow any relocating of transmission mounts. I don't foresee this being a big problem at all. If it needs to shift around a little I can fab any new brackets anyways. We'll deal with this as things progress.

INTERMISSION -Play Boring Orchestra Music Now
~-~-~-~-~-~ Break Time! -~-~-~-~-~-~-~