View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2017, 11:13 PM

I miss you guys and this being an active forum too. I wish that I was currently more vigilant in the restoration of my Benly herd; and better about posting when I do make progress.

Oh, man. I have so many projects and darn if I went to another swap meet last weekend. I purchased a low-mile (~5k) black '66 CB160 that had been sitting for at least 10 years and has plenty of patina, but was cheap, 100% original & complete! Plus, there was a nice guy that practically wants to give me a '62 CA95 roller. The cool thing about this one is that it has the up-swept aftermarket (left side) scrambler-style straight pipes. My DSW is so tolerant. While at the swap I also ran into a cache of Benly parts - a couple carb covers, carbs, chain guards, petcocks, starters and mufflers, etc. These will certainly help with the restoration of my bikes.

Anyway, back to the CS92. I just kinda had to purchase this one because it is so rare. Again, rare does not equate to valuable, but if you're into old Honda's, particularly Benly's, this was a find.

Hey rohdemon; Bonhams auctioned off one these CS92's a couple years ago and although their facts were muddled - listing the bike as a 1960 and that they were only produced for two years - the bike they listed was actually a 1965 (Frame no. CS92-5000121, Engine no. C92E-5000125). So, we now know the CS92 was produced from at least 1962 to 1965. When I do transfer the title of this CS92 into my name, I will register it as a 1964.

Yeah grubsie; A ways off from getting this CS92 on the lift, but I will continue to gather up parts and info. Am hoping that once I disassemble the CS92's 125cc motor and trans, I might be able to use CA95 innards.
I am posting a new pic featuring the CS92's split side cover and muffler mount - cool features that, along with the twin up-swept pipes, make the decidedly enigmatic Benly Sport differ from the relatively commonplace Benly Touring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CS92-pipes-mount-cover.jpg (177.8 KB, 9 views)