Thread: My new project
View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM

I just rode it! It needs a good bit of work still to make it street legal and there were some issues with the clutch and transmission which I think might be related (clutch slips AND sticks and I couldn't get it out of first gear for a while) but it runs like a champ. No smoke, no strange noises, nothing! It isn't fast but I think it will be fast enough. I'm 6'8" tall and I was really worried about it being uncomfortable but it wasn't. The suspension feels strange compared to a modern bike but not unsafe by any means. I can't wait to get the rest of the work done and get it registered. It really doesn't get a whole lot cooler than the little Benly.

*EDIT* I also need to get the rear brake linkage sorted out and there is a bit of an issue with the headlight circuit (it blows a fuse every time I try to turn the stupid thing on) but the point is that I rode it and I can't stop grinning. I'm going to swing by the local Parts Plus and buy a can of Seafoam (a little in the oil and a little in the tank) and a can of 30w Valvoline VR1 (I bought 40w the first time around because I didn't remember what it took) tomorrow. I found a light bulb that works for the gauges but I can't remember what size it is. I'll post it when I am around the packaging.

Last edited by Buckets81; 06-20-2012 at 06:13 PM.