View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:10 PM

The fender struts should be the same for all years...although, I am not sure about the 59' model braces. Mines a 63 and there's plenty of room under the badge for mounting lamps. I liked the badge and wanted to keep it, so I mounted some bullet style blinkers in the hole right before the badge. I know Spokes has mounted blinkers using the badge spot, so he would be good to ask.

If I were using the badge spot and the same lenses that lake has, i'd buy some really cheap blinkers and dissect the internals to mount to the strut, the screw hole for most blinkers also hold the lens on, since you wouldn't need the housing or lens, the bulb mount could be bent using the hole meant for the other lens or drill a new one to fit the mounting hole under the badge.

I bought some bars listed as ca95 bars that had all the controls and the blinker switch, they were listed wrong and not off of a Benly. I did find out what bars they were but I cant remember right now. I had to grind the bar in the middle so the bar clamp would fit, they are not as wide as the originals, and the wiring colors all wrong, but in the end they couldn't have been better. The pain in the ass part was a good learning experience. They only cost me around 15.00

I'd check around for other early Honda bars some might have the switch already on them, like mine did if you don't have the switch. I'd have used the switches on the old bars, but rust won the war on those years ago.