View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2011, 05:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBowers View Post
Great thread with tons of imformation! In doing one of these myself, I am searching for parts. Did I read somewhere that it was suggested to stay away from buying parts in Thailand? If so why? Also in taking my timing chain off the little springy clip that attaches the chains together flew away when I was taking it off. Anyone have one for sale or know where one might be found? I have yet to see any on the Bay.
I've done several Honda restorations, and after a quick review of my parts orders, I'd say about 80% of my parts have come from Thailand, via eBay. Sometimes it's the only option. I average about 45 parts orders per restoration. Honestly, after more than 100 parts received from Thailand, I have not had a single issue. On occasion, delivery can take a few weeks longer than forecast.

Regarding eBay, it's probably best to review the "feedback" rating for the seller, and read some of the reviews from past customers, positive and negative. Focus on sellers having thousands of reviews. Those are the established sellers.

Here's a link full of advice:
http://reviews.ebay.com/Ebay-Scams-a...00000001636804

There are no guarantees, but if you're selective about the seller and do a little reading before buying, you should be ok.