View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

How I love air tools. I use a wire cup style brush on a right angle high speed grinder. This really removes particles and corrosion quickly while being flexible enough to follow the contours of surfaces that are rounded or that have seams on them.

I changed out to a 2" flat disc that has a 2" stem that is secured into the chuck of the tool. It accepts different abrasive sanding discs and spins very fast to give a very nice shine to any alloy it touches. I really like this one for cleaning the gasket surface areas very smoothly and makes them shiny. This tool has saved me more elbow grease than ever.

Besides 2 classic cars I restored (from piles of junk)with my father I have restored some classic streetbikes and did it all by hand. The only things I didn't clean, strip, sand down, re-surface, prime, paint or polish BY HAND were the spokes and the polish on the rims. I used a home made buffing wheel that is operated by an electric motor. I only wish I had this right angle die grinder back then. They are only $30-40 at a store.