View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I happened to notice this other helmet sitting in the middle of the helmet display so I had to go play with it. The Shark brand has a smaller viewing area to look out of the helmet but it just reminds me of the race car helmets like Simpson brand helmets that I used to wear all the time racing cars. So this didn't really bother me when I tried it on. The helmet seemed to fit tightly which is good for the high speed runs and I have read online that they tend to break in pretty good to. I was offered the Shark RS1 Alien painted helmet at cost since it was ordered a size too small for the person it was intended for. After thinking about it I have decided to go back and pick it up. I like the silver on it more than anything and with a nice iridium shield it will really be something to look at. The air noise should definitely be less than my Arai and people LOVE this helmet in reviews all over the internets. :lol:

The helmet padding seemed nearly as smooth as my Arai so running errands with this helmet won't wear my cheeks down I hope. The face shield is so impact resistant that the guy in the shop flexed it completely inside out over his knee. I didn't need to see that to be convinced but it was interesting none the less. Also the shield is removed by pushing a button and then it just pops off.

I'll report back when I pick it up. I'll just be happy to have a helmet I don't have to worry about getting stolen or damaging. I'll be taking care of it but if it disappears I won't feel like I've lost a fortune!