View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2011, 09:30 PM

Hey Guys,

Haven't posted an update in a while, as the holidays get super busy at work for me with everyone else on vacation.

The bike now has a California title under my name. I non opped it for the meantime until I'm really ready to start riding her. I rebuilt a spare coil with new wires and caps. I found a full set of brake shoes for $30 from the same dealer I purchased my NOS tank from. And, I'm still wrestling with stuck bolts. Acetone and ATF should take care of those. Tomorrow (Friday) is my Sunday this week, so I'll be getting right to work in the morning.

ALSO:

I picked up a '63 parts bike for next to nothing today. It's in sorta rough condition, but isn't so far gone that it's not salvageable. The motor is seized, but it came with a front fender that's in 9 out of 10 condition. It's missing the seat, wheels, carb, swingarm, and tank. She's been sitting in his garage for years, so the rust is just superficial, and it could turn into a nice bike someday. For now, she'll sit in my garage.

The (I believe) Japanese gentleman who sold her to me had a great collection of CL305's. The shining jewel of his collection however was clearly his CB92. It was the only one I've ever seen in person, and I was blown away. He was apprehensive about me taking a picture, so I kindly obliged, but it was the most stunning Japanese motorcycle I've ever seen.