View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:25 AM

Thanks for your reply Sam,

My choke slide does not have the little flapper I've seen on other models, however my carb body does have CA95 stamped into it, which I just noticed yesterday.

I've just ordered a 15 tooth sprocket for the front, but I found a 14 tooth if I decide I don't have enough pull for the hills. I also purchased a 36 tooth for the rear. What chain size is standard on these bikes? That's my next purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Green View Post
quote Greeg.

Finally got my new battery today. Replaced the D10HS plugs the PO had in there with what are supposed to be correct D8HA's. I installed everything, turn the ignition on and the brake light lit up, so she's got power, but she won't start.

Do you guys have any tips for getting these girls started? Choke? Throttle?

The electric starter turns the motor over, and she's getting gas, so I'm thinking I'm probably just doing something wrong. I have no idea what the switch on the left handle does, but I tried starting it in both positions. The choke has a lever with an arrow pointing outward that says "OPEN", but does that mean the choke is on when the lever is lifted, and the throat is open when it's pushed down?

Thanks Guys!

Gregg, the choke is on when the leaver is in the up possition.
Most small Hondas from this period do not like any throttle when starting.
Just take up any slack in the cable and press the starter or kick.
In respect of the choke slide, does the CA have a little flapper door built into it, can't tell from your pictures?

Sam.