View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:01 PM

well things are moving forward i think?
>
just received the washers for the oil plug so i'm going to give it a shot and see if i can stop the leak
>
2 things;

1st. when i ride the bike the front end squeaks like theres mice in there? i noticed on the bottom side of the fork where the cover is the nut doesn't have a grease fitting? so i thought i'd take the other side off and match it for a new replacement. NOT it looks like its ONE piece or i'm blind and can't see how to remove the fitting?

2nd. when i 1st tried to us the starter it just clicked so i removed the switch assembly and took it apart, cleaned it and spun the worn brass contact around reassembled the unit and installed it back into the bike.

i then had the starter rebuilt and it now works Beautiful until the dreaded beast of doom raised his nasty head! one day when i took the bike out for a ride i kept hearing a clanging noise and when i got back home and turned off the bike it wouldn't turn off because the starter was engaged and kept turning the engine over. so i removed the starter cable from the battery terminal and it stopped

a. the button wasn't depressed as if in a stuck position
b. i reattached the wire back to the battery and started the bike using the starter button the starter didn't stay engaged but my battery went dead quick as if the connection stayed open???

i guess i should just replace the switch assembly or?

thanks lou