View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2010, 03:23 PM

Well the bike in the pic is now down to individual parts. The engine is in storage and the slow reassemble begins soon. I will be posting some pics of the before and after body work and of course the final product. A close inspection shows the bike was repainted and some engine screws were damaged. I was happy to see that the rims and hardware are clean. The clutch handle does not match the brake handle and one is bent. I guess this bike took a spill at one time or another. I had sold the original crashbars for it in Feb., the bars had some serious road rash.

The mufflers still have the original exaust defusers. They were rusted in pretty bad but I got them loose. One muffler has rot along the bottom. I made a sneeky repair so that only if your on your back looking up, you will see it. When I test rode the bike it was whisper quiet, so it should remain so after it's back together, unless I make straight pipes for it. I might have my fab guy match the muffler hangers and just weld the straight pipes to the new hangers.

All the body parts will be sandblasted and in primer within a couple of weeks along with the CA95. I will post some pics to show little difference between the two bikes.

Color yet to be determined, but most likely Orange Pearl for one and Possible Pearl Blue for the other.