View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So if you scroll up and look at the piece that was completely broken off and welded you might notice that it's really in bad shape even though it's welded up. Well not it's time to cut some spare ABS plastic and weld it to the fairing. I have some spare plastic from my Aprilia so I cut down a little sliver or two and simply welded it to the fairing without any problem.

I simply dripped adhesive in the cracks and put down some powder on top of it like usual. Seeing how the parts are really small I had to hold them with my fingers up close. When the plastic weld adhesive touches your skin it INSTANTLY bond your fingers together. It was pretty scary but I managed to pull my fingers apart and then I had to use my metal file to file off the glue that was welded on my fingertip. I will have to buy some latex gloves for next time!

The inside isn't so pretty but it's damn strong! The outside actually looks pretty nice now that it's sanded. I'll be posting more pictures of it being finished and smoothed over later on.